Perdernales Falls State Park...

 We found this place online and I was so amazed of finding this place in the middle of nowhere Texas.
I never imagined Texas, well, beautiful! I'm glad to be wrong.  Texas has surprised me in many ways, especially the scenery.
This place was not what I expected. The rocks were much bigger than I anticipated and I didn't know that we would be doing a lot of climbing!
When I say climbing, I mean pull yourself up with upper arm strength and sliding down your butt climbing!
The boys went ahead of me, which was a pretty good idea, because no way would I had let Caleb climb onto those boulders with him by my side!
In the picture below, if you see a blue shirt in the middle of the boulders, that is Blake climbing around the boulders.
They were trying to get into a cave they saw up ahead.
All I could think, was that I wish Roger was here so he could help out.  Lucky for me, both Blake and Ethan were very helpful with Caleb and watching out for him.
The picture below on the left side is where the caves were that the boys wanted to climb into.
It's hard to see it, but it looks like two shallow holes in the picture.  It's a cave that goes through the other side.

We made it into the cave.  Not an easy task, but we did it!
Afterwards, we went back towards the water to play in.
It was beautiful!
I definitely want to come back here someday!

Comments

Emma Jo said…
I want details! Texas really does have its own beauty. We will be Texans once again, come June!

Popular Posts