I did it!!!
I ran my first half-marathon....
and survived!!!
Back in January, my friend Emily asked me if I would do it with her. She knew that I have always wanted to do one, but haven't.
I agreed. We knew nothing about the race, but when it would happen.
I had three months to train.
The first month between the kids and I, we took turns having the flu.
I started panicking, realizing that maybe I should back out of the race now since I lost a month of running.
Thank goodness for my friend, with her amazing support told me to keep on going.
The day of the race....
I was nervous.
We saw the course.....it was HILLY!! Where I live, no hills to train on. I was worried.
I was surprised how much mentally you need to prepare yourself for a half marathon as well as physical.
I decided that I will do my best and if I had to walk, that I would walk up those hills.
It was hard, but I kept on going.
My body hurt, but I kept on going.
I was tired, but I kept on going.
I finished and I was happy to be done!
My goal was to finish in 2 hours 30 minutes, and I finished in 2 hours and 17 minutes.
I was impressed with all my training that I did, that it is amazing how strong your body can endure. Their were moments during the race that I thought I could go no further and my body just kept on running.
I don't know if I would do another one again......I'm still in recovery mode, but you never know!



Comments
Can't wait to hear about your next one!