Cherry Blossoms...
Last year I missed the infamous Cherry Blossoms so I told the kids we were going this year to see them. Unfortunately, with the weather warming up sooner we had a small window of opportunity to see the blossoms before they went away. I packed up the kids bright and early Saturday morning and we drove into DC and started walking around the Tidal Basin. We missed peak season, but it was still beautiful to see.
My boys were not too impressed to see a bunch of trees with pink flowers on them, but I told them they were going to humor me and smile for the camera!! They were great sports about the whole visit, plus the fact that I promised them they wouldn't have to come back next year if they didn't want too!
My daughter was super excited when she found out that we will be passing the Martin Luther King Memorial. She has been wanting to go since January!
It was pretty cool to see the Memorial.
More pictures of the children around the Tidal Basin. By the way, Ethan is NOT grumpy in these pictures. This is his 13 1/2 year old smile that he is showing us. Apparently, that's the thing to do with pictures! :) I must have missed that memo.
My boys were not too impressed to see a bunch of trees with pink flowers on them, but I told them they were going to humor me and smile for the camera!! They were great sports about the whole visit, plus the fact that I promised them they wouldn't have to come back next year if they didn't want too!
My daughter was super excited when she found out that we will be passing the Martin Luther King Memorial. She has been wanting to go since January!

More pictures of the children around the Tidal Basin. By the way, Ethan is NOT grumpy in these pictures. This is his 13 1/2 year old smile that he is showing us. Apparently, that's the thing to do with pictures! :) I must have missed that memo.
They are so breathtaking. I'm so glad I got to see the blossoms before the rains and wind blew them away!
I had to put this picture in. Caleb said that he wanted a picture of him smiling like Ethan.
Hmmmm....the smiles do look similar!!
He cracks me up!
Next year, it will be just Roger and I since he had to miss it due to work!!








Comments