My favorite place on earth......
We took the kids to the Air and Space Museum in Dulles which was fun and I even braved Chuck E Cheese for my nephews birthday party which the others enjoyed, but nothing comes close to....
... the ocean!
This was a first time for most of Sue's kids to experience.It was awesome to see how excited they were to be near the ocean.
Some of them were concerned about the beach and said they weren't planning to go near the water. That didn't last long.
Most of them took off, which made this mom freak out a bit!! I told her if they got knocked over by the waves a little salt water wouldn't harm them! I guess that was not comforting to her!
One of the reasons I love going to the beach is because there is something about it that is so soothing that all the kids get along so well. Rarely, do I hear children fighting among each other at the beach. A plus for moving there, perhaps?
The next day, we headed out to the beach to do our morning seashell collecting. The waves were high and strong and the tide was high....
...but that didn't stop these two from grabbing the boards and fighting the waves!
...or this momma who enjoyed getting slammed by the waves!
Pure enjoyment on this guys face if only it wasn't so windy and water got on my lens. I didn't even noticed until I got home and uploaded the pictures. Everyone enjoyed the beach....
except this poor little guy! He was ready to go home the minute he saw the ocean and the waves!
Well, he got his wish since Hurricane Irene was coming our way. They decided to evacuate Ocean City and we had to cut our trip short and head home. It wasn't long enough, but we were glad to be there again!


Comments