A tale of a driver's license...

When I was 15 1/2 years old AND living in the great state of Idaho, I was lucky enough to receive my driver's license. My freedom of getting away from everything in my 1972 orange bug!! I loved that car!!
But as time passed, I soon discovered a pattern.
I realized that I have never, N-E-V-E-R renewed my driver's license.
Here's the story:
When I turned 17, my mom, sister and I moved to California. In a new state, means a new driver's license. Thanks to my mom, (heeheehee), I was able to pass my exam and get my California license.
But alas, it wasn't meant to be. A year later, we moved to Minnesota which meant another driver's license. Once again, I was required to take the exam and get my driver's license. This time, I was sure that I would be here quite some time.
But this time, it was me that made the move. At this time, I was leaving to go to BYU in Utah.
Do you see a pattern forming?
So fast forward three moves, from UT to MN back to UT and back to MN.
We don't travel far apparently.
Finally, with school behind us we are finally settling into our new home. We are excited. I have my new license from MN and I can enjoy it for the next five years knowing that I will never have to take an exam again in my life.
Never say Never.
This November, my driver's license expires on my birthday and the sad reality hit me when I realized that we will be moving once again and again I will be taking another exam for my driver's license.
On Friday, I head to the DMV to register my vehicle. While waiting in line, I heard a rumor. If you have a driver's license from another state that hasn't expired, all you have to do is pay a fee to get your driver's license. That's it!! That was the best news I heard all day!! Especially, since I had to come back three times to have the right documents for my van.
What a wonderful state we moved to!
It was such happy news.
Did anyone else received happy news today?

Comments

Lara said…
May you get to keep your Virginia license for a long, long time!
RogCat said…
Nice to know that, Char. You got luck, I'd say. Hang on to your old MN license - - - just in case. One never knows what God has planned for them in the future. Rog Jr could, for example, get transfered to Los Alamos, New Mexico -------- where work similar to what he is now doing - is very much in demand.
the mom~ said…
that IS awesome news!

Popular Posts