A Day Out...
Since it was another beautiful day, we decided to bravely head out to Washington DC once again.....this time it would be Maria and I without the husbands!!
After finding a parking space and eating lunch, we came across the Observatory that was near the Air and Space Museum. The telescope was opened and the children were able to look out in space and I think they were seeing the sun. They thought that was pretty cool!
After finding a parking space and eating lunch, we came across the Observatory that was near the Air and Space Museum. The telescope was opened and the children were able to look out in space and I think they were seeing the sun. They thought that was pretty cool!
Afterwards, we headed back to our parking spot and filled our meter with more quarters and I happened to see the Capital behind us! So I told the kids to smile away!
We then started our walk to the National Aquarium. The kids have asked to see this place for some time so we decided today was a good day to go. It took us awhile to figure out where it was, but we finally found it. As we paid for our admission, I asked how long will it take for us to walk through it. The lady said, if we read everything it should take us 40 mins. to finish. 40 minutes for the price I paid!!! Apparently, "National" doesn't always mean "big". So after 30 minutes, the children were done, and the pictures below are the highlights of the aquarium.
Dory and Nemo :)
Emma insisted on having a picture of the baby turtle
the kids were discussing whether this was the same turtle they captured at the lake (see blog below) or not.
Piranhas....
...and alligators.
We started our walk back to our car and we decided to take a short cut through the National Art Sculpture Garden.
It was across the street from the National Archive Building
We didn't stay long and we definitely will come back and visit. It reminded me so much of the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis.
But the kids did find a beautiful fountain that they were able to soak their feet in.
It was a great day to be in DC.













Comments