We made it!

After two days and three hours later we finally made it to our home in Fairfax, Virginia.
We left on Saturday morning and the whole trip wasn't too bad, considering I had to drive the van all the way there while Roger drove the moving truck. Their were some difficult moments along the way.
First off, our first night we arrived after a long twelve hour drive to Indianapolis. I was exhausted and was in need of a place to rest. As we approached the hotel, we saw some nasty dark clouds coming our way. We quickly came inside to find out that their was a thunderstorm warning heading our way. I was so glad that we were safe in the hotel and not driving in that weather.
The next day we took off and the weather wasn't too bad, but we found out another storm was heading our way with egg-sized hail and possible tornadoes with it. I certainly didn't want to be in the middle of that so we took off heading east.
It wasn't too bad of a drive. At this point, trying to entertain Caleb with I Spy was starting to wear off and he was anxious to get out and I was starting to get tired, so drinking a 44oz of Coke was my life savor at the time.......so I thought.
As we drove closer to Columbus, Ohio, I knew I needed to use the bathroom. I figured that I would wait to get to the other side of downtown Columbus before I used the facilities. BIG MISTAKE!!
Downtown Columbus had stop-n-go traffic on a single lane. What should have taken us 10 minutes to pass through it took us at least 30 minutes! I thought that I wasn't going to make it. I even thought that while we were waiting I could run up to the bushes alongside the freeway and just go for it. I knew that I packed toilet paper in the back of the van so I was ok there.
Instead, I decided to distract myself with some music and put my headphones on and the song, "I will survive" starts playing for me!! I laughed so hard, which wasn't helpful at all, but at least I made it to the other side and felt much better.
We continued on our journey and stopped in Somerset, PA for the night. The kids enjoyed an evening of swimming, eating and running around getting the energy out of their system!
We finally arrived to Fairfax on Monday afternoon.
We were met with members of our church ready to unload our truck into our home and the Relief Society coming by later to bring me dinner. I felt very welcomed and blessed to have so many people willing to serve.
We finally have internet up again, house is unpacked and we are excited to start exploring the area and start our lives out here.
Thanks to all those who helped us pack our truck last week and for those who watched our children as well. We will miss you guys dearly!

Comments

the mom~ said…
What a blessing that you didn't pee yourself and that your kids were good! I am happy you are there safe and sound! Many blessings to you all.
Christi said…
What an adventure! BTW, Tom felt really bad he didn't make it on Thursday. Aidan is already talking about visiting Blake, hope I can make it happen! I think I want to come, too! :)
Lara said…
Yay for your safe arrival Fairfax, VA! I am very happy that your bladder didn't explode somewhere in Ohio. That could've been bad.
Anonymous said…
Once a week, we won't let you guys forget :0) Love you guys.
Nae said…
I bet the kids will always remember the adventure of the move! I love that your family had many helping hands to assist and welcome you. How very heart warming! Enjoy your explorations. Can't wait to hear about them!
Anonymous said…
Glad you made it safely...what’s a road trip without a few adventures and detours along the way :) it made me smile when i read your welcome from church members in Virginia. They will love you there just as much as we did! You and your family are already missed, but it’s great to know you’re doing well! Have fun exploring the area, can’t wait to plan a trip your way : )

Popular Posts