Heirloom Blanket

Ever since I learned how to knit/crochet last year, I have been wanting to make this blanket.

But being an impatient beginner, I couldn't figure out how to read the pattern and I had to be patient to learn the several techniques needed to make the blanket.
I knitted baby blankets for my niece and nephew last year, but knitting a blanket takes too long and I was hoping that crocheting a blanket would be quicker.
I was right. Almost a year later, I was able to finally read the pattern and figure out the technique to make this heirloom blanket for my sister Nikki.
At the time that I was working on the blanket, she didn't know what she was having. Since then, she found out that she is having another boy.
Congratulations!! I hope she likes it!

Comments

Lara said…
Wow, you are patient! Crocheting drives me bonkers. It turned out just beautifully!
Lori said…
That is beautiful!! You are so awesome!!
Unknown said…
Just beautiful Char! I love the one you made for Teancum, he is getting attached to it :0)
Nae said…
Absolutely beautiful and priceless, Char.
the mom~ said…
that is beautiful. It will look so lovely next to baby skin! Great job Charlene!

Popular Posts