This Old House

I have enjoyed living here in our small town. One of the perks of living in a small town, is living in an old home with all its characters. For example, all the doorknobs and locks in our house are the originals.
Our son, Caleb aka "Squeakers" is 16 mos. old, and everyone knows this is the starting stage when they get into EVERYTHING! He has managed to climb from sit-n-spins to chairs, couches, and beds.
Tonight we discovered that we do not have keys to the locks of our doors in our house, when Caleb managed to lock himself in the bathroom. It's not a key you can run to Wal-mart and get made. All I could do was knock on the door, turn the knob, and tell Caleb to turn the shiny lock around again so we can get him out. Instead I hear the toilet seat going up and down, toilet paper falling to the ground, and Caleb talking to himself. What seemed like forever (5minutes), I hear a "click" and the door was opened, and I was able to get him out.
Our son, Caleb aka "Squeakers" is 16 mos. old, and everyone knows this is the starting stage when they get into EVERYTHING! He has managed to climb from sit-n-spins to chairs, couches, and beds.
Tonight we discovered that we do not have keys to the locks of our doors in our house, when Caleb managed to lock himself in the bathroom. It's not a key you can run to Wal-mart and get made. All I could do was knock on the door, turn the knob, and tell Caleb to turn the shiny lock around again so we can get him out. Instead I hear the toilet seat going up and down, toilet paper falling to the ground, and Caleb talking to himself. What seemed like forever (5minutes), I hear a "click" and the door was opened, and I was able to get him out.


Comments