18 and an adult now.....
18 years ago, I gave birth to my first born,
Ethan.
He was a big baby, 10lbs and 4oz of him came into this world!
I loved him at first site.
I had no idea how to be a mother until I had Ethan.
He taught me so much and is still teaching me to this day!
He and I had some good moments and not so good moments.
But I have treasured every moment with him, especially today.
He is out of state celebrating his 18th birthday without his family.
I am so sad about that.
It was the right thing to do for him to move away, but the heartache is still there.
I probably called, text him a 100 times today making sure he is ok.
He is fine, he repeatedly tells me.
So instead, I look at pictures of him growing up so quickly.
Yeah, it's probably not the best time to do that.
Instead, I have this brilliant idea about blogging about his birthday and the fact he is 18 years old and is an adult now.
I would rather look and remember him like this:

such a cute baby..

...or when he was in kindergarten and realized he could make others laugh with his craziness and jokes!
or when he just loved life and was happy all the time!
I remember when he knew I was having a bad day and he would try to make me laugh or help me out with the other kids so that I could have a break.
The time he decided to grow out his hair...I remember telling him, curly hair does not look good growing long. He didn't care. He knew what he wanted and went for it!
Our move to Texas...I was so worried about him making friends and moving again to a new school. He took it well and knew this was where he belonged.
When he finally go his driver's license, he was so excited about driving while I freaked out that he was driving!!
His love for band. He loved it so much. He worked so hard and was dedicated to the tuba. He had great friends, a great band director and he learned so much about being a leader, work and perseverance.
....and this happened...
his senior year snuck up on us!
Before we knew it, he was graduating, getting ready to go to college and moving out on his own...

...and that is where I am today.
Thinking of him on his 18th birthday.
He is a great kid.
When he is determined, he works hard at what he wants.
He's not afraid to take on challenges.
He loves being on his own.
He is hopeful at figuring out life.
He has a family that loves him very much.
He is thoughtful and kind.
He is a hard worker.
He is still obsessed with video games.
He loves his friends and family.
He is very laid back and doesn't let things get to him.
He still loves the outdoors!
He misses playing the tuba.
He has a testimony of Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ.
He wants to do things his way.
He's not ready to be an adult yet. :)
Even though we fought with him sometimes, he still loves us!
He's excited about going to college!
We love you and hope you had a great birthday!
Don't forget to pay the rent! :)







Comments