New Orleans......

For our 3rd annual Christmas memories vacation, we headed to New Orleans.
This has been a place I've always wanted to go, so it was fun to take a quick trip to the French Quarter and knock it off my bucket list!.
We were told to ride the trolley down to the river walk. A must have experience.
What we didn't know, it was also used for public transportation and it got crowded very quickly.

 It took a lot longer than expected, but the view was worth it.  We were able to see the Mississippi river. Much bigger here than it is in MN! Also, we were told that the French Quarter is lower than the Mississippi River, thus the phrase, the city is sinking. As we walked toward the French Quarter, we could see that we were going lower than the river.
 A view of the French Quarter......beautiful!
 Of course, we had to stop at the CafĂ© Du Monde for their beignets! Totally worth the wait! Kids loved them, of course they were donuts covered in powder sugar!
 A view of Jackson Square with St. Peter Cathedral in the background!
 Ethan and I trying gumbo for the first time! Delicious! Will go back and have more!
 View from the restaurant we sat in.  It was pretty cool to see people walking by while you were eating your food.
 Caleb getting in the spirit of New Orleans!
 Walking around, we came across the most haunted house in the French Quarter.  The story they shared with us was pretty gruesome.
I loved spending time at the French Quarter, but it wasn't my kids favorite place to visit.  They said it smelled a bit, but at the same time they enjoyed taking the history/ghost tour to learn more about the area. Ethan did enjoy the musicians playing at Jackson Square.  He thought that was pretty cool! The rest of the kids were patient with me while I enjoyed looking at the various shops. I'm glad I had the chance to visit this interesting city.

Comments

Lara said…
Glen and the kids haven't been to the deep South yet and we keep wanting to plan a trip to go visit. Your post is making me want to do it all the more!

Popular Posts