Antique shopping....

We took a trip west of Austin for the day and went antique shopping.
I told my kids, it's like a garage sale, they would love it!
Apparently, tourist antique shopping is not the same as true antique shopping.
My kids did not enjoy it at all.
Luckily, they have this candy store that I was able to bribe my kids with so we could finish shopping!

It has everything that you can imagine.  Even candy when you were a kid a long, long, long time ago! The kids loved it! Unfortunately, if you see the picture above and the huge sucker Caleb has in his hand; the sucker and antique shopping don't work so well together.  Caleb would be eating the sucker while walking around the store.  We would have the workers following us around making sure he didn't touch anything with his sticky hands.  Lets just say, no more pictures were taken after this since I had to keep my eyes on Caleb and that sucker! The kids survived, the parents survived and I did come home with some treasures to add to my home! I will probably be making this trip alone without kids next time, this was not their ideal of summer fun!

Comments

Popular Posts