Runners Post.....
Blake is trying something new...
something he has never done in his life.....
Running long distance!!
I was so happy to hear him say he wanted to give Cross Country a try this year!!
As a CC runner myself back in my days, I was more than happy to help him get started on his journey and give him some pointers!
Roger, a runner himself, was so excited to hear about this, that he asked Blake if he wanted to run a 5k with him!
I promise, Blake was excited to try, but it was 7:00 in the morning when this picture was taken!
Roger said he did awesome! It was his first race, a taste of what to expect this fall when he competes in CC. He is still working hard to build up his endurance. We told him it would be hard work and he accepts this challenge. I've been running with him for the past couple of weeks. It hasn't been easy for the both of us, but we keep on going. My favorite part of running with Blake is spending time with him to chat and talk about anything and everything! He's such a great kid and so funny! We are so proud of him!
We are excited to see him race this fall!!



Comments