April 2, 2014...a day of gratitude

Roger posted this on his Facebook account on the day of the shooting at Fort Hood:

I thank my Father in Heaven today that I was not at work for this terrible tragedy - I don't believe in "coincidences." However, I'm also sad for those innocent victims who lost their lives today. The incident was close to where my office building is and the shooting occurred as people were getting off work. I often pass by where the shooting occurred. 

I'll likely know more details tomorrow, including if I knew him or any of the victims who may have been coworkers.

My heart breaks whenever something like this happens, but have faith that for each terrible tragedy such as this, countless others are stopped before they ever happen. I know that many people on many fronts work hard everyday to stop individuals such as this from causing the harm they do. I am thankful for the work of these individuals who help bring us safety and peace of mind everyday. People who work in law enforcement, security and intelligence...I also know that for each individual such as this shooter, there are countless other service members who give their lives and make many sacrifices to help bring us the freedom that we have.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and support. Pray for those families who have lost loved ones today, help bring more good into this world, and take not for granted this day all that God has given you.

Comments

valerie said…
we are so glad he wasn't there! we miss you guys!
Lori said…
So thankful he wasn't there!! What a blessing!!
Unknown said…
Glad you are safe Roge, you are a good man, we love you!
TJMSmomma said…
I had no idea he was so close to this. I'm so glad he is safe! Such a terrible tragedy. Hugs to you all!

Popular Posts