Christmas memories....
A friend of mine mentioned that instead of giving presents for Christmas, give Christmas memories.
I loved this idea.
Christmas was hard this year because the kids didn't know or want anything.
Should be easy, so why am I complaining?
I guess because I want them to have something to open on Christmas morning.
We don't give them a lot during the year and if they want something they usually pay for it with their own money or work to get it.
We try to keep life pretty simple.
So I presented the idea of Christmas memories and the kids were on board.
Since we knew family was coming in town, we decided our first annual Christmas vacation will be in San Antonio!!
Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of pictures, but we did fun stuff that the kids will remember.
Like we took them to the Guinness of World Record Museum.
That was a pretty cool museum.
Kids are standing inside the fattest man in record.
We then headed to a Haunted House.
Three of the kids were scared to go so we went as a train and made Uncle Kirk go first.
I had one kid clinging to my leg and another kid having me close her eyes the whole time.
I didn't take any pictures, but I'm sure they will remember that experience!
Our last visit was a Tomb Raider ride.
Totally Lame!!
After the Haunted House, the ride seemed so lame.
Oh well, at least we can laugh about it!
We got a hotel to stay in San Antonio and they had a rooftop pool and hot tub.
This is the view of San Antonio from the 23rd floor of the hotel!
Beautiful!!
And the kids enjoying the hot tub outside in December!!
Doesn't get any better than that!
We headed to the Mexican Mercado the next day and enjoyed seeing some of our culture.
We had a great time and the kids enjoyed their Christmas memories.
Next year Christmas memories are already planned since we know we are heading to Pasadena, California to see Ethan perform in the Tournament of the Roses Parade!






Comments