Native American Day...
Emma's project for 2nd grade, studying the Powhatan Indians.
She was very excited to learn all about them, that I didn't need to remind her to do it or help her with it either. That made me very excited too!
She built a wigwam model along with The Three Sisters - pop quiz, What are the three sisters?
She put her drawing skills to great use with this artistic interpretation of a life of a Powhatan Indian.
Then I put my sewing skills to use and made her this outfit out of a suede curtain I found for $3!!
I love a great deal! So add the beads and the whole outfit cost me $4 and one day of frustrating sewing!!
So worth it seeing the smile on her face.
We had to come up with a song for the Powhatan Indians and just to let everyone know where she doesn't get her creativeness from, here it is....
(Tune: The ants go marching on)
The Powhatan Indians like to hunt, to hunt and fish,
The Powhatan Indians like to hunt, to hunt and fish.
They built their homes as wigwams and longhouses,
and planted gardens with corn, beans and squashes,
and they all enjoyed a dance for special ceremonies!
I'm excited to see how it went today!


Comments