Orwell Dam

Apparently, there is a "special place" to go fishing. Only the truest fisherman know this place and I'm about to leak out the biggest secret around...Orwell Dam.

My son, Ethan, loves fishing and has been to many spots around our area to find the best place to fish. A friend of the family took Ethan one evening to this special fishing spot and my son has loved this place ever since.
He insists this place is family oriented and that the rest of us would love being there as much as he does.

Ahhhh.....

Yeah, their is a park for you to play in, if you can get past all the mosquitoes that want to suck your blood.

Yeah, the kids can play in the river if you can get past the smell of dead fish and slippery rocks.

Yeah, they have bathrooms if you can get past THAT smell.

After an hour of waiting to catch "the fish", I was ready to head back home, but Ethan wasn't. He hadn't caught his fish yet. He was determined and with patience and perseverance, Ethan caught a small-mouth bass from the river.
So for all you fisherman out there, apparently this is "the place" to fish. It is a catch and release river and I wish I could tell you what other fishes are available, but I'm not a fisherman and I'm not allowed to be near my son when he is fishing.
Good Luck!

Comments

Lara said…
My kids love to fish too...even if it's stinky and full of bugs. Of course they learned it from Glen.
Lori said…
Jim loves fishing there. I bring my book and bug spray and hang out on the bank. He LOVES how many fish there are to catch...and they're big. There was a 44" muskie caught there on Monday. That was a really big fish!!
Nae said…
Its good that Ethan can be so passionate about something even when the rest of the family find it a little less than fun. :-) Happy fishing, Ethan!

Popular Posts