McNeil Invitational....
Here is my little runner with his buddies!
They got up at 6:00 am to run this optional race.
It was great day to run this race!
To run this race, you had to be able to run the 2 mile course in 18 minutes.
We weren't sure if Blake could do this.
He hadn't been timed in any of his races and the only time he was timed was when he ran with me back in August. We were running 11.30 minute miles.
yeah, not too fast.
Blake decided he wanted to give it a try.
His goal was to finish the race in 18 minutes and not get kicked off the course!
They were a lot of middle schools running this race!
It was crowded!
The only picture I was able to get of Blake was covered by this girl!
It's his shoe behind her that you see!
Blake did awesome!
He totally kicked it in the end and finished with a time of 16:06!!
He beat his goal!
All of the kids did an amazing job!
We had a great turn out from our school.
One of our boys came in first place in the whole race and two of our girls came in first and second place for the girls team!
It was very impressive!
We are coming to the end of cross country season.
Only one more race left.
I'm not sure if Blake will continue running cross country after this is all done!
He is indifferent about it.
I loved watching him run cross country and I hope he continues.
He has some big decisions to make next year!
Marching Band or Cross Country......
you know what I would vote for!







Comments