Family History

The best new years day gift if their is such a thing was a conversation that I had with my mom yesterday!
My Tia Naty came to visit my mom from Guadalajara, Mexico for Christmas.
I was so bummed I was unable to go.
She and my mom were going to sit down and write down a little about my moms family history.
If anyone, who anyone knows me, knows that I've been struggling for years to find anything about my moms ancestry.
Each time I try to search different ways, look into different places and talk to different experience historians and in the end come up with nothing.
It got very frustrating.
I disliked family history.
 Then someone would share their family history experience and then I would want to try again and again.
I kept hoping and praying that I will find something, anything!
That prayer was finally answered yesterday.
After 12 years of searching, we finally have dates and places to match some of the names!!
My chicken scratch notes.
I'm so excited to start searching again and hoping to find something with the information that I have!!




Comments

Unknown said…
Keep going!!! Don't give up, it's so worth it I promise!!!
TJMSmomma said…
Cool!! Tell your mom hello for me next time you talk! :)

Popular Posts