Marching Band....

So this is what Marching Band looks like after a month of practice!!
It's an insane schedule.
I wasn't too happy he made it on Marching Band,
but after hearing them perform on Parent Preview Night; 
I have to admit, it was pretty impressive!
Ethan loves playing the tuba.
He has been playing now for four years.
This year was the first time he was able to use the sousaphone.
He finally grew into the sousaphone!!
It's hard work, and he put in a lot of hours carrying the 50lb instrument around!
Not only does he need to carry it around, but learning the music and the routine!
I've never been in marching band, and wow was it pretty cool to see what they accomplished out on the field!
They have to know exactly where they need to be at the exact same spot. 
A lot of trust and faith for each other as they performed their routine!
I told Ethan that I was waiting to see if they would crash into each other, but they were in perfect unison.
He said that the first few times he kept hitting the kids with the sousaphone, but they kept practicing and practicing until they got it! He was very happy about that!
I am very proud of Ethan for accomplishing such a huge task!
He is awesome! The whole band is.
I may get into this band thing without complaining how much time it takes in our already busy schedule.....I did say "may"!!
Speaking of awesome, I just couldn't resist putting this picture of Blake with his awesome hair on the blog. 
Nothing related to marching band of course
Just a day on a boat on a lake working hard on his water sport merit badge.
Roger said it reminded him of his youth when his hair was just as big!!
If only I had a picture to compare......

Comments

enginerd said…
Marching band is insane and amazing here in Texas. My sister in law's backyard backs up to a high school so they get their own private little show, daily, for hours and hours and hours :)
enginerd said…
That's me, Emily, not Clark :)

Popular Posts