BATS!!

Here in Texas they have this huge Bat Fest.  I'm not sure when it happens, but I hear it's amazing!
While driving to a store one evening, I came across this bridge and saw thousands and thousands of bats coming from underneath it.
I brought my family back one evening so they could see this amazing event.
All the black cloudy smudges you see in the pictures are bats flying out from under the bridge.
You can hear them and smell them after awhile.
This lasted for at least 15 minutes.  They just kept on coming out.
It was something you don't see everyday!!
We enjoyed watching them, but after awhile we were pretty sure that it wasn't rain drops falling on us and it was time for us to go home!! :)

Comments

the mom~ said…
Wow. You lost me at, "you can smell them!"
GROSS!

Popular Posts