A little piece of heaven......
A sweet couple from our ward invited us to come visit them at their cabin in the mountains of West Virginia.
The kids enjoyed being out in the country with the freedom to roam wild.
I must admit that I was bit nervous about going since I know my children to be active, loud, wild....etc. Luckily we felt loved and welcomed into their home and with some non-verbal (maybe a little) threatening looks, everything went smoother than I thought.
They put up a hammock for the kids to swing on that my children absolutely loved, when they weren't fighting where they got to sit, or who pushed who off or when Caleb knocked Blake's tooth out of his mouth (on accident, and yes it was a baby tooth too) It could have been worse!
We loved sitting outside eating our yummy foods that they prepared for us and roasting marshmallows! My children loved the food too which is a great compliment since a couple of them are picky eaters!
My crazy four year wearing his hat and glasses in the dark! Never a dull moment!
The cabin was surrounded with forests and they had a map for the kids to use to find their way around! Roger took the kids hiking and gave me some time to sit and read my book which I figured was a win-win situation!
Reason why?
See below....
The kids said their favorite trail was the Bottles & Bones Trail
While exploring, they found lots and lots of creatures in the woods, which I was too happy to see by pictures only! Apparently, "black snakes" and "hiking" was not an option for me. Furthermore, the "black snakes" needed to be there since they took care of the "copper snakes"!! Need I say more?
The kids had a great time visiting! The food was great and the hosts were fabulous! We loved it and we are so thankful that they invited us to spend time with them in their "little piece of heaven!"


Comments