On a Mission

We went to the dentist last week and had some good news and bad news.
The good news....Blake FINALLY has a lose tooth, not only one but two!!!
He is so excited. I think he is the only one in 2nd grade that hasn't lost his teeth yet.
I knew this would happen, considering he was 12 mos. old when he got his first baby tooth!!!
The bad news is that his permanent tooth is coming up behind his baby teeth.
He now has two reasons to be motivated to get that tooth out.
First, the dentist is giving him one month to pull the tooth out himself or the dentist will have to do it....



...the second reason is that his sister, Emma, also has a loose tooth! Blake doesn't think it is fair if his sister loses her teeth before he does! He is on a mission!!

Comments

Lara said…
My kids would get so mad if their younger sibling started losing teeth before them. My kids all started in kindergarten though, so I've never had to worry.

GO BLAKE!
Lori said…
Go Blakey Go!!!
Fleming Family said…
Haha! Derek had his first permanent tooth growing in behind his baby tooth, too. He lost the one next to it first by pulling on his teeth with his blanket (an idea for Blake). The one with the permanent tooth came out a week or so later. Good luck!
Nae said…
I can so relate! Abby had to have both of her bottom baby teeth extracted because they never got loose and the permanents were already up behind them. Hers had the full root on them when they got pulled out. I told her she had shark teeth because of the double row of teeth. Luckily, after that I did all of the tooth pulling. I am MUCH cheaper! I'll offer my teeth pulling services if needed. I pulled one of Ethan's teeth and 8 or 9 of my own kids teeth. :-)
Nae said…
Ethan Ness, that is.
cinnamon said…
Tell Blakey not to worry, Cody was one of the last kids in his class to lose a tooth as well. Emma really has a loose tooth already??!? She starts everything young, doesn't she!!

Popular Posts